Friday, January 11, 2013

Valentine Bird

Darn those lousy cats, anyway.  You give them one task, one little task, one little tiny quick task and they can't even complete it.  Well, here is the post that was supposed to go up yesterday but didn't.  Not, mind you, that there was any timely content of this post or anything, just I thought I was on top of it for once.

Here is the last card I am going to teach at a workshop this weekend.  Yes, I know--another bird card.  I CASed this idea from somewhere in blogland.  I like this card because the greeting can be substituted out for a more general greeting easily.  In fact, I've tucked one into the workshop kit in case people get tired of Valentine's cards (or perhaps they don't have multiple lovers).  The general greeting is "just a note."
See that lovely small grain gingham paper? That is going away as it is on A Muse's retiring list.  That makes me so sad as I love it so. I am torn about stocking up on a lot of it or not.  I won't be able to use it on A Muse projects once it goes away; however most of the things I make are not for A Muse-only projects.  On the flip side, there will probably be a new patterned paper (or two) that I will love just as well and that I will be able to use.  Perhaps I should save my pennies for that. 

Also, there is that little thing called hoarding.  See, if I get a bunch of it I may never use it because I'll know that is the last of it on the entire planet. That's quite intimidating, ya know!

The Fine Print: All products by A Muse Studio.  Stamp sets used "Life is a Song" (also retiring) and "Essential Sentiments" and "Polka Dot Patterns." Cardstocks used sugar and onyx gingham.  Cherry red stitched ribbon.

5 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

Being n top of things - now there's an idea!. Love your bird card, keep making them they're great! I can totally sympathise with the hoarding thing (and that gingham is sooo cute) - what is it with us crafters. What use is a piece of paper in a drawer? But I do it all the time, and as you say, I'm even more protective if I know I'll never be able to get it again. Perhaps I really should get a life.

Squirrel x said...

Bad kitties, letting mummy down like that, for shame! Love your card hun, agree that the micro gingham is gorgeous - stockpile girl, go for it. Hugs Sxx

SandeeNC said...

HA! I just posted a card lamenting it was the last piece of a favorite paper, I really hate that feeling too! I do love the versatility of your card design, something to please everyone! Clever girl! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Darnell said...

I love that you've made this a VD card, very cute, PJ!

I was all set to give you advice b/c I'm expert on that, but now you've got me torn, too. I'd normally say buy it if you love it so much, but if you think you'll horad it, then no, no, save your pennies. Horad is a new term for ... um. I'll think of something.


Have a great workshop!

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card - love it! Hoarding is a problem we all have - at least I certainly do! xx