Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Three's a Curse

I made this card, well, actually I made multiples of this card with different greetings. Sometimes I do that, where I decide (for whatever reason) that I need a batch of cards.  Then I make a several the same or similar, usually three of them.
And that is where the problem lies... I make a three and I mail one right away, save one as a sample to show my crafting friends, and put the other in my card stash. The sample card often gets used not too much later, after I've shown it off, but that third card languishes in my stash forever because by the time I get around to using it I can't remember who I sent the first couple cards to. I'd hate to send a rerun card to someone.

My online stamp club recently got some new members in it and for that I'm grateful because I have been using these leftover cards to send to them. I know I didn't send that card to one of them.

The Fine Print: Stamps, dies, and designer papers all by Stampin' Up. Would you hate to get a rerun card in the mail? I love to get mail but I am disappointed if I get a rerun. I consider the above reruns even though the greetings are different. Do it up in a different color scheme and then it is no longer a rerun.

12 comments:

Sarn said...

In answer to your small print question . . . personally, I'm just happy someone's thought of me and taken the time to send me a card in the post . . . rerun or not!

This trio of cards is so fresh and vibrant PJ. Love the colour scheme.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Fikreta said...

your cards are so very nice!
have a great day
hugs

Sandy said...

Really pretty cards.
Possible solutions -- use post-it note or lightly write in pencil on back of the third card who the first one went to (and erase it before you put card in envelope to mail it).

Bonnie said...

I'm happy to get anything in the mail that's not a bill or junk! I love these colors! Great cards!

Carol L said...

regardless of who gets these cards - each one is fabulous! I love the cool design and papers!

Janeen said...

i love what you did with the dies and background fill in papers. fabulous. ha ha you are so funny, yes, that sounds like me. yes, i'm disappointed with re-runs unless they are just a note note cards. You know, like what you buy in a stationery shop...wait, do they still have stores like that?

kiwimeskreations said...

What lovely vibrant cards Princess J - maybe use a post it note on the back of the third card, noting to whom you sent the first two cards....
Blessings
Maxine

Barb said...

They,re really pretty Judy. I'ts lovely to receive a card that has been made for you. I put photos in a friends and family file with the name and year as the title of the photo. About the only thing I'm organised with. Barbxx

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Judy, I can relate to your problem - it is one that I would have if I made more than one of the same design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carole J said...

Gorgeous cards - so colourful and pretty. Anyone would be over the moon to get one of these! x

Darnell said...

At my age, I'm sad to say I wouldn't remember if I got a rerun, but like you I publish my happy mail, so we would know then, wouldn't we? And since my memory stinks, I use the trusty Post It Note for the reason it was invented. I write 'sent to and the name' so no more worries! Well, I've other things to worry about, but that's one off the list! And the card design and colors you've used? Outstanding! I'm pinning this puppy!! Hugs, Darnell

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful cards...I can't make multiplies well but I hear you on remembering part.
TFS,
xx Karen