Sunday, February 14, 2016

Purple and Green Gal

This year I decided to challenge myself by... well, um... by joining challenges! You know how challenges are--they tell you what to do but often those directions are usually far reaching so you still have a lot of range to get creative in.  There are a lot of good ones out there.

So much so that I haven't always gotten my card made in a timely manner. I'm collecting quite a number of not-finished-in-time challenge cards on my desk.

This one was for the Snarky Sisters T is for Technique challenge. The technique I chose was paper piecing, because that one doesn't take a lot of talent. I finished it up this weekend because I am in need of a birthday card and this will make a great one.

The Fine Print: This is one of those Julie Nutting doll stamps which are cool, but rather large so not the best for card making unless you need some business envelope sized ones (its good to be different sometimes). Oh yeah, happy VD to y'all!

10 comments:

Sandy said...

I love paper piecing and this is a great example of it.

Barb said...

Hi Judy, I love paper piecing too. I was actually doing some yesterday. Your card is very pretty. I love your paper.Barbxx

Carol L said...

Great paper piecing on this purple & green beauty! She's a real cutie too! Happy VD right back atcha!

LesleyG said...

She is cute, I love paper piecing, it's like colouring in with paper, and I too struggle to do challenges on time, except I finish mine then realise I'm too late when I try to enter:) xxx

Sarn said...

Brilliant paper piecing. You are going well on your challenges xxx

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! I adore the image and the colours and papers you used are fab! xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Ummm - yes, I know about those inspired by a challenge but never entered cards..... this is a lovely card Judy, and your colouring is impeccable on her limbs. I agree that a change of shape in a cards is always an interesting challenge in itself.
Blessings
Maxine

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous paper-piecing! She's very pretty, and I like the little flower you added! Good for you for joining some challenges. If you haven't already noticed from my blog, I am obsessed with challenges. I find them very inspirational.

Greta said...

Great job with the paper piecing, Judy! Such a cute card!

chrissy xx said...

A FABulous image and I LOve your paper piecing..
Different sized card..But, different is good..LOve it.
Chrissyxx