Saturday, April 11, 2015

Springtime Girlie

As many times as I tidy off my desk I still miss things stashed in the crevasses. That's why it is good to poke around in the corners from time to time.  I found what I thought was just a blue card base, but when I opened it up it had this colored and corner-punched image along with this designer paper.

I pulled it out and made this card with it.  The blue card base turned out to be too flimsy to make a good card (take note people, the stuff Michael's and Joann's calls 'cardstock' often isn't) so I chopped it up to make layers for my card.  Then I added a million paper flowers and fun brads.

Poof! A card was born!  The pile of stuff on my desk lessened and someone's mailbox was cheered.

The Fine Print: Stamp by Penny Black.

10 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I love finding usable stuff in my mess! Well-played!

vic said...

Aww this is just adorable love love love it

Vic x

Di said...

Lovely card PJ and such a darling image too. If it's from the PB French themed set then I probably have it here - unopened. Slap my wrists!

Hugs

Di xx

Words and Pictures said...

She's charming - definitely Parisienne with her coffee and that very chic beret!
Alison xx

Carol L said...

What a sweet find! I love this cute image and especially the colors of this fun card! Well done!

Bad Kitty said...

Lovely card

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is gorgeous! I love the colours and the cute image and your colouring is fab! Love all the flowers too xxx

Greta said...

Love all the flowers--what a cute card!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh I love your little mimi cafe and the flowers are fabulous. Rarely do I buy the stuff at michaels or Joannes, if I do, it's only for layering, not cardstock for the bases. But it does cut down on the overall weight if used in layers.

Sarn said...

KER-UTE! xxx