Monday, September 26, 2011

Another Lovely Day

I'll try to make this post a little more meaningful than the first one.  This past weekend's fun including making some cards using A Muse Studio stamps.  The stamps I used had to be in the current catalog.  Why would I do that?  Well, because I'm a new A Muse Studio consultant is why.  I am getting prepared to spread the gospel of all good things A Muse.

Here's the first card I made.  I admit that a|s has a limited variety of patterned paper (which you will see me using in the future) so I went to an outside source for this card.  I am not totally sure I will use it to show off A Muse Studio stuff or not because I'm afraid people will get too hung up on the candy corn paper.  I do think it has some potential because this card shows you how you can use new stuff (your a|s stamps) with existing stuff (your patterned paper).   Plus this card shows you that Halloween cards don't have to be spooky, scary or creepy.  There is nothing creepy about candy corn!  Well, except for the fact that you are eating little hunks of colored wax that has been on this planet for at least 30 years.  I mean everyone knows that all candy corn that exists now was made 30 years ago and it is just stored in a big warehouse somewhere to drag out again at H'ween, right?  Right?  


 Here's my next card, embracing the spookier side of Halloween.  This card made me a little batty trying to decide what to do with the different layers as I really wanted to use the orange dotted background and the Sleepy Hallow text paper.  The bats are a die cut from A Muse Studio--so cool!  Bats on demand.




The fine print: Stamps, ribbon, and bat dies by A Muse Studio "If You Dare Set" and "Spooky Boo Day"
Punches by Marvy, Martha Stewart, and EK Success
Patterned papers probably by DCWV, text patterned paper "Sleepy Hallow" by a|s
Twinkle stickers from ?

No comments: